- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Texas Supreme Court
Phone: (214) 360-7438
Fields of Practice
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Government Investigations
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Bailey Brauer PLLC (2013 – current)
- Kelly Hart & Hallman LLP (2012 – 2013)
- Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP (2007 – 2012)
- The Hon. A. Joe Fish, Northern District of Texas (2006 – 2007)
- Locke Liddell & Sapp LLP (2004 – 2006)
Obtained denial of Defendants’ motion to dismiss various claims involving concealment of revenue and stock repurchase.
Obtained partial dismissal of claims seeking $9.5 billion in damages; a take nothing judgment was later entered against the plaintiff.
Handled litigation related to administrative priority claims, reclamation claims, general unsecured claims, and purported secured claims.
Defeated independent contractors’ attempt to force debtor to assume unprofitable contracts.
Secured temporary restraining order and temporary injunction against former franchisee who misappropriated trade secrets.
Won summary judgment for trucking company in contractual dispute with purported third-party beneficiary.
Obtained $800,000 judgment on deceptive trade practices and breach of fiduciary duty claims against unlicensed public insurance adjustor and co-conspirators.
- Co-author of “Using Statute of Limitations as a Defense to Federal Cable and Satellite Piracy Claims,” SIDEBAR, Winter 2013, at 6-7
- Author and presenter of “New Rules for Expert Discovery: The 2010 Amendments to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26,” January 31, 2011
- Co-author of “Dealing With Confidential and Proprietary Information in Texas and Federal Courts,” 2006 State Bar of Texas Advanced Evidence and Discovery Law Course
- Contributing editor to John H. McElhany, et al., “Costs and Disbursements,” in 4 BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION IN FEDERAL COURT 973 (Robert L. Haig, ed., 2d ed. 2005)